The Texas Veterans Land Board has excellent rates, and they are made available to Veterans who live in Texas through lenders participating in the Veterans Housing Assistance Program. They are commonly known as a Texas Vet Loans. The rates are set by the Texas Veterans Land Board and they are updated weekly. We publish them in the box you see immediately to your right.
Texas Vet mortgages are for 15, 20, 25 & 30 yr fixed rates, require no down payment and can go up to $726,200. To get pre-qualified for a Texas Veteran Land Board mortgage fill out the short form to the lower right of this page and a loan professional from our team will contact you and walk you through the loan pre-qualification process.
Additional Benefits for Disabled Veterans
Disabled Veterans and unmarried Surviving Spouses frequently qualify for an interest rate discount of 50 basis points (or half of one percent) on a Texas Vet Land Board mortgage. You can read more about mortgage benefits for disabled Veterans at this link.
To get pre-qualified for a Texas Vet Mortgage, fill out the short form on this page and a loan professional from our team will contact and assist you with the loan pre-qualification process.
For more information about Texas’ Veteran Land Board programs read more below…..
Texas Vet & VA Loan Specialist Shirley Mueller
Since 2003 Shirley has originated well over 2000 Texas Veteran and VA Loans. She has helped Veterans in almost every possible circumstance including active duty personnel deployed overseas, returning home, with PCS orders, as well as separated and retiring Veterans. Read More
There are 3 Types Texas Veteran Loans: Land, Home Improvement & Home Purchase
Land and Home Improvement Loans
These loan programs are originated directly from the Texas Veterans Land Board, not private lenders. For more information visit the Texas Veterans Land Board website.
Texas Veteran Mortgages for Home Purchases
Through this program, eligible Veterans living in Texas have an opportunity to purchase a home with excellent low interest rates and little or no money down. The Texas Veterans Loan Program may be used to buy a home that meets these requirements:
- The home will be the Veteran’s primary residence.
- The home is located in the State of Texas.
- The home is a single family attached or detached home, town home, condominium or planned unit development.
- Duplexes or other multi-family units must have been constructed at least five years prior to closing.
- New construction homes must meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) guidelines for ENERGY STAR® qualified homes, and must be ENERGY STAR® labeled and certified OR HAVE…
- A HERS Index Score of 75 or less following the RESNET National Home Energy Rating Standards and must have an energy rating Certificate that documents the HERS Index score of 75 or less.